Landowners in the North Platte Natural Resources District are reminded that state law requires anyone who chemigates (applies agricultural chemicals through an irrigation system) to follow State Chemigation requirements.

The person/persons who will be applying chemicals must obtain certification. Certification is granted by the Department of Environmental Quality after the applicant attends an educational course sponsored by the Cooperative Extension.


Anybody who chemigates also must have a chemigation permit to indicate that the chemigation system includes devices to protect chemical spills and prevent personal injury. Natural resources districts issue these permits, which are good for one year.

Chemigation permits issued need to be renewed by June 1 of each year. Renewal permits are $70, new permits are $100, emergency permits are $250, and special permits are $150.00. The Nebraska Chemigation Act requires any person who intends to apply chemicals through an irrigation system must first obtain a permit. It is illegal to chemigate without the proper permit.

Chemigation Permit Form


Any chemical spills or accidents must be reported to the NRD within 24 hours of the incident. The district’s telephone number is 308-632-2749. Office hours are 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on weekdays. After normal working hours contact the Nebraska State Patrol at 402-471-4545.

More Information

Need additional help? Contact at (308) 632-2749 for your Chemigation needs.

For more information call the NPNRD office at (308)-632-2749 or stop by the office at 100547 Airport Road in Scottsbluff between 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on weekdays.